The DID management can help administrators add and delete DID numbers from the system. You can also assign a DID as an outbound ANI “Automatic number identification" to show the DID number on an outbound call.
Assign your DID numbers
Assigning a DID to an extension is pretty simple. Navigate to the Administrator level under domain list. Scroll down and choose DID Management.
Assigning a DID number
In order to assign a DID to an extension click on the Add DID button. You will be presented with new open box windows.
- DID : The users DID number ex. 9787865765
- Mapped-To-Domain : In a multi-tenant environment, you can choose which domain and extension you want to pair the DID to.
- Mapped-To-Account: The DID number can be mapped to an extension on the system or to accounts like Auto Attendants, Hunt Groups, Agent Groups.
- Use it as Outbound-DID as well: When set to "On", the Vodia PBX will use the DID as the CID "Caller ID" for the extension.
It's important to set up your inbound routing rules. Let's take a glimpse at the "Routing/Redirection " setting found in the trunk settings.
Under the setting Destination for incoming calls , you can define which inbound rules work best for you. If you're working with many DIDs, you can select the following:
- Send calls to destination in the Request-URI: Vodia will find a match to a DID in the system even if it's a multi-tenant edition. Example..
INVITE sip:email@example.com:5060;user=phone SIP/2.0
- Send to 10-digit DID: Vodia will send the incoming call to a DID that has a 10 digit number
For more information on inbound, visit us at https://vodia.document360.io/v1/docs/trunkinboundrouting.