For every new version Vodia releases an xml file for the update process. All you have to do is set the xml file name under the URL field and hit. The Vodia PBX should take care of the rest, i.e., rename the old version, download the new version and apply the file permission etc. Then whenever you are ready, you can restart the PBX and have the new version running.
The URL link is
Important! This update procedure renames the existing binary file as pbxctrl-old, then downloads the new binary file as pbxctrl, which works perfectly well, as long as the existing binary file name is also pbxctrl.
Rebooting the System
The system must be rebooted after software updates have been applied. You can do this by either restarting the system manually or by scheduling a restart using one of the settings listed in the Event drop-down:
- No reboot : The system will not reboot the system automatically. You will need to restart the system manually.
- Wait until midnight : The system will reboot the system each night at midnight.
- Reboot on next occasion : The system will wait until there are no active calls on the system before rebooting it. This check is done every 15 minutes, so depending on when this setting is applied, it may take anywhere between 1-15 minutes for the reboot to occur.
Important: A system restart will also shut down other services that are running on the same server.
Alternately Reboot Using Operating System's Terminals
The Vodia PBX's working directory has to be known before going ahead with following steps. So, unless you have specifically assigned a directory whilst installing the PBX, in which case you already know which is your working directory, here are the default directories according to each Operating systems.
- /usr/local/pbx on Linux OS
- C:\Program Files\Vodia Networks\Vodia PBX on Windows OS
- On OSX:
- If you are using ZIP installer: /Applications/pbx/conf/
- If you are using DMG image: /usr/Applications/pbx
Various system configurations require a system restart. You can do this by either restarting the computer or restarting the system. When restarting the system, use one of the following methods.
- Restarting From Windows (Service Control Manager) Various steps involved are:1) Right-click My Computer.
- Click Manage.
- Click Service Applications, then click Services.
- From the right-hand pane, click PBX.
- Click Restart.
Restarting From a Command Line The system can be stopped and restarted from the command line:
Right click on the CMD option (in windows search field) and "Run as Administrator"
To stop: net stop pbx
To start: net start pbx
Note: If it gives you "msvcr120.dll " or ".dll" file missing error (and if you don't have it already inside your PBX folder), you can download it from here:
* 64 bit dll file : https://www.dll-files.com/msvcr120.dll.html
* 32 bit dll file: http://portal.vodia.com/downloads/pbx/win32/msvcr120.dll
Now, go ahead and restart the service as suggested above.
Restarting From Mac OS The simplest way to restart Vodia PBX from a Mac is to restart the Mac, but this may not be desirable in many cases. In such cases, you can start and stop Vodia PBX from the command line:/Library/StartupItems/pbx stop
Restarting From a Linux Environment /etc/init.d/pbx restart
Or, Go inside the working directory:
./pbxctrl --dir . --no-daemon --log 9
Coming across segmentation fault : Find and delete all the index files from within the PBX folder as shown below:
find . -name index -print rm -Rf extlog/index rm -Rf cdr/index rm -Rf cdri/index rm -Rf cdre/index rm -Rf cdrt/index rm -Rf recs/index rm -Rf chat/index rm -Rf emails/index rm -Rf weblogin/index rm -Rf chist/index
Manually Starting the Service Incase you need to debug or troubleshoot the issue of the Vodia PBX not starting when required or, to manually start the system with logging:
Open a command prompt.
Go to the Vodia PBX working directory.
On Windows, open Command Prompt (by Running as Administrator) and enter,
.\pbxctrl.exe --dir . --no-daemon --log 9
This will force the service to start at log level 9, which will help you diagnose issues that stop the service from fully initializing.
Also, if the PBX (from within the PBX directory) gives a Database error, try to start it with:
.\pbxctrl.exe --ignore-corrupt . --no-daemon --log 9.