- 02 Feb 2021
- 2 Minuten zu lesen
- Aktualisiert am 02 Feb 2021
- 2 Minuten zu lesen
Vodia PBX can be integrated with Salesforce, to make work flow easier. When a call comes in, the PBX will try to find that contact in the Salesforce account of the user who received the call. If found, the call will be logged in Salesforce database under that contact found in the user's account and a pop-up through the PBX web interface will inform the user. The user can click on the pop-up to go directly to the contact page to enter any details in the call (task) that has already been logged. The same is true of outgoing calls (if the contact is present in the account), since the user may want to enter some details for outgoing calls as well. Both incoming and outgoing calls are marked as such in their subject.
How to set up the integration
- Login to your user portal in the Vodia PBX web interface.
- Go to CRM settings by clicking on CRM found in the left side menu.
- Enter the credentials for your salesforce account, like Username, Password and the https CRM Server Address, as shown above, and save.
- Make sure, you remain signed in to your user portal of the Vodia PBX to receive pop-ups regarding salesforce contacts. So always login to your user portal of the PBX first and keep it signed in.
- Also, in a separate tab, make sure you are signed in to your Salesforce account, so that when you click on the pop-up, you will be automatically taken to the relevant contact's webpage in a separate tab.
- Make sure your salesforce account supports REST API (and API integration in general). Check your account if it does or how to enable it if possible. Some types of accounts don't support it.
- If the API is supported, there are two ways to allow access of the PBX to salesforce API. Either simply add the Vodia PBX's IP to the salesforce trusted IP list OR get your security token via email from your salesforce account. You can also reset your security token under setup, settings in salesforce for a new one or every time you change your salesforce password. Simply add the security token to your salesforce password, when you enter the password in the "Password" field above. For example, if your salesforce password is "mypassword", and your security token is "mysecuritytoken", then you will have to enter "mypasswordmysecuritytoken" in the password fields above.
- You can use the vodia Click to Dial chrome extension to make calls from within the salesforce contact pages using the click to dial, either through WebRTC within the browser or through your desktop phone (both options are provided). Even though the extension is for all pages, it can be handy in the salesforce contact pages where you can make calls to the numbers on the contact page.