The following models are supported:
The snom M9 uses a different firmware than the other snom-M models and is not described on this page.
We have tested the integration with version 18.104.22.16853 but it should work also with other firmware versions.
The following features are supported:
- LAN provisioning: Phone in the LAN can be provisioned through the web interface of the PBX.
- SRAPS: The PBX will automatically create the server entry for the device on snom SRAPS when the snom SRAPS API key is present on the PBX (hosted PBX).
- Transport layer: TCP and UDP are supported; TLS can work when the PBX has a DNS address, which is typically only the case for hosted PBX. Because of the way the TLS client works it will be difficult to get TLS working in the LAN.
- Each device is associated with one account. Although the snom M-series DECT stations can serve as group call, this function is usually better set up on the PBX.
There is a general parameter available that makes it possible to add custom parameters if needed, without having to change the phone template. Also the PIN code for pairing the device is available as parameter. The default is 0000.
For the M300, M700 and M900 it may make sense to put the IPUI into the base station. For this, you can use the parameter 1 in the extension. For the SC and KLE devices, pairing is done without IPUI (see the snom manual).
Automatic setup works with factory reset devices in the LAN. The PBX will detect the device when it boots up.Then the device can be assigned though the standard LAN provisioning (/reg_prov_phones.htm) procedures.
If you want to set he devices up manually for provisioning, please follow the following steps:
- Log into the web interface. The default username and password is "admin".
- Navigate to "SERVICING" and then to "Provisioning".
- Set the "Server URL" to "http://address/prov/snomMMMMM.htm", where the address is the IP address of the PBX and MMMMM the model name (e.g. "M300" or "M200SC").
- Add the MAC of the phone to the extension on the PBX and make sure that the pairing of new devices in the extension is enabled (typically 30 minutes).
- In the "Reboot" page, reboot the device. The device should reboot and fetch the configuration.
- You can then register the handsets to the device.