The following models are supported:
Panasonic phone provisioning requires version 63.1 or higher.
The following features are supported:
- LAN provisioning: Phone in the LAN can be provisioned through the web interface of the PBX. However because by default the phones don't have their web server enabled, this requires a manual enabling of the web server. Re-provisioning the phones from the PBX works.
- Buttons: The PBX can provision the buttons of the phones. BLF modes and speed dial is supported, other modes are not available.
- Transport layer: TCP and UDP are supported; TLS requires the provisioning of the certificate which is not done automatically but possible.
- Localization: Most of the time zones should be working fine. Currently only English language is provisioned on the phone, but of course the IVR can be any language.
- Basic features: Basic features like making calls, message waiting indication are working fine.
If you want to set he devices up manually for provisioning, please follow the following steps:
- Make sure that you can log into the web server of the device. This must be done through the phone user interface (keyboard). Then go into the web interface.
- Set the provisioning file to https://ip-pbx/prov/model.cfg, where model can be KX-UTG200B, KX-UTG300B, KX-UT123, KX-UT133, KX-UT136, KX-UT1363, KX-UT248 or KX-UT670.
- Make sure that the device does not verify the certificate of the PBX (unless it is something that the phone would accept).
- Add the MAC to the extension and make sure that the pairing of new devices in the extension is enabled.