With google contacts, you can sync your contacts through Carddav/OAuth2 with the Vodia PBX. With OAuth2 your password information need not be stored on the system. Instead, a separate window pops up to verify your credentials and provide an auth code, which you use to sync the contacts automatically every 15 minutes. You can stop it by pressing the button to log out form the account and stop syncing. It will also stop if the pbx is stopped. On restart of the pbx you will have to verify your credentials again for the periodic syncing of the contacts.
How to Sync Contacts
- Go to the user portal of the user.
- Simply enter your email address.
- Press the button.
- A new window will pop up for login; login with your email address and password.
- Press the button to allow your contacts to be synced.
- The authorization code will appear in the pop up window; copy it, and then paste it in the field "Paste Auth Code Here".
- Press the button .
- The Google Contacts will be synced which you can see on the "Synced Contacts" page.
- It may take some time to sync, so give it some time. This process needs to be done only once. After that, the system will re-sync the contacts every 15 minutes automatically. Once logged in, you can also manually re-sync the contacts by pressing "Login / Refresh" with the Auth Code field empty.
- These contacts will also appear on your phone through LDAP.
- To logout from the account, press the button.