User Page Control
The User Page Control link allows the administrator to block certain user settings from users so that the users cannot change them from the user portal.
The General Control settings allow you to prevent the user from viewing the password fields and certain monitoring settings.
- SIP password: By preventing the user from seeing the SIP Password setting, the administrator can ensure that users will be unable to change their SIP passwords. This can save the administrator time spent in dealing with registration problems that result from changed SIP passwords.
- Web password: By preventing the user from seeing the Web password setting, the administrator can ensure that users will be unable to change their web passwords. This will prevent the user from forgetting a changed password and the administrator from having to issue a new one.
- User can select the address book: This setting is applicable to the address book of the Snom phone. It allows the user to upload the address book from the system to the Snom phone directory.
The Redirection Control settings allow you to prevent the user from viewing the redirection settings.
- Incoming anonymous calls: This setting allows users to control the treatment of anonymous callers (reject them, pretend to be busy, ask for name, etc.). In some situations, administrators may prefer to determine how anonymous callers are handled.
- Call forward on no answer timeout: This setting allows users to specify the number of seconds that should lapse before the call is directed to voicemail. In situations where voicemail is not used, such as call centers, this setting is not necessary.
The Mailbox Control settings allow you to prevent the user from viewing the following voicemail-related settings:
- Mailbox enabled field: This setting allows users to enable their voicemail. In situations where voicemail is not used, such as call centers, this setting is not needed.
- Time until mailbox picks up: This setting allows users to set their own mailbox pickup time and let their phone ring for longer periods of time before it goes to voicemail.
- Maximum number of messages: This setting allows users to set the number of message that will be saved in their mailboxes. If space is an issue, administrators may want to place their own limit on this setting and prevent the user from changing it.
- Mailbox escape account: This setting gives users the option to change the direction of a call once the caller presses 0 to speak with the operator (calls are redirected to the escape account). In many cases, users will not have the option of directing their calls to another extension and will not need this setting.